Ensuring that all your Sites and Resources have complete and accurate location information is critical to both efficient and effective scheduling as well as the enhanced benefits available via our new street-level routing and new optimiser functionality.
Should any location/address information recorded against Sites or Resources be missing or inaccurate, these will be visually flagged in the 'Alerts page' for a user to correct or update.
Our alerts page also gives you the ability to review all scheduling optimisation results, whether they be optimisation gains that the New Optimiser has delivered for your organisation or highlighting the need for scheduling adjustments required to achieve enhanced optimisation.
- Keeping data up to date at all times will assist greatly in removing any barriers to optimisation
- Driving greater operational efficiencies for your organisation
- View and report on scheduling output and performance
Please note: this is an opt-in feature that is not enabled by default. This is to allow you to test and migrate to use the feature in your own timeframe. Please read this guide then email firstname.lastname@example.org for guidance on next steps.
For this page to populate with data you will need to have our New Optimiser and/or Geo-Coordinates features enabled. Please contact the Oneserve team if you would like to use one of the new features from the Autumn 2017 Release.
Accessing the 'Alerts Page' is enabled via a user type right to control which users within your organisation you want to have access to view these new alerts. Once enabled the page can then be accessed using the alert icon in the menu bar at the top of the application. It will display the count of the alerts that require attention.
The Alerts page will display data in two tabs - Alerts and Optimisation.
Working with Geo-Coordinates
Every evening your Oneserve application will create a report to highlight any sites or resources with missing geo-coordinates. If you modify sites or resources during the day you will need to wait until the following day for the records to be removed or updated in the Alerts page.
One alert will be created for Sites without geo-coordinates and a separate record for all Resources without geo-coordinates. If you click on the row it will display the details for the records of that type that are missing geo-coordinates.
Below is an example of the display for Resources without geo-coordinates. If you click on the individual rows it will take you to the Resource account under the admin team page.
Once you have entered a correct postcode against the Site or Resource the record will be removed from the alerts detail page but the overall alert description will keep the count from the previous nights check. After the next nightly alert check it will update the description to contain the new value for the records without coordinates.
If you have completed a postcode update for all records within an alert you can use the resolve option under the actions drop-down. This will remove the alert from the table but you can review it if you select the 'Show Resolved' button.
Working with New Optimiser
Our new Appointment Optimiser can be scheduled to run nightly. The Optimisation Engine reviews all appointments for a specific team, calculates if any drive times could be improved if they were to be rescheduled to another resource or change the sequence of appointments for that day.
If the optimiser encounters an issue or barrier in optimising the relevant schedules overnight, it will report the outcome via the alerts page. This will encompass issues such as the scheduler being overcommitted. If a site or resource for an appointment doesn't have a valid postcode, the appointment drive time will default to be 10 minutes (or an alternative setting as required by each organisation). If you have occurrences of 10-minute 'default drive times' this it will impact or hamper the for the New Optimiser ability to enhance the efficiency of each team's schedule.
Should an optimisation run show a cause for the overnight optimisation to not be completed fully, you are able to click on the relevant row and it will open the scheduler to the affected day and the team, this will allow your users to quickly resolve any appointments that is causing the New Optimiser to fully update and refine the schedule.
If you have the nightly optimiser enabled the output for each day and team combination will be displayed under the Optimisation tab.
When you click on a row from the main details tab it will display additional information about the optimiser changes that have been achieved and applied.
- The first value will display how many resources have been allocated appointments for that day after the optimiser has run.
- In brackets, it will show the changes for how many resources had appointments before the optimiser ran compared to how many resources have appointments after it has completed. It will provide a negative number to represent a reduction in resources or a positive value if appointments have been rescheduled to resources who didn't have appointments before the optimise ran.
Appointment Drive Time and Home Drive Time
- The first value shows the drive time for all scheduled appointments for the team on the specified date after the optimiser has completed.
- In Brackets it will show how much time has been saved or added using the data from the scheduler before the optimiser was used.
- The original drive time can be calculated by adding the value outside of the bracket with the value inside of the brackets.
- It will use the address of the last appointment and calculate the drive time to the address stored against the resource account, in this example the field operative.
- Whilst it is not factored into the working day, the optimiser will endeavour to also reduce drive time home to ensure higher levels of employee satisfaction are achieved and an optimal working day is maintained.
Total Difference and % Improvement
- The total difference will add the values in brackets for the Appointment Drive Time and Home Drive Time and represent the overall improvement as a percentage.
- The status column highlights if the optimisation run was successful via a Pass or Fail label. Note: that an appointment schedule that has already been optimised, that has not since changed, in many cases will not optimise further. Such should not be considered optimisation failures.
Once this functionality is enabled for you, you will be able to manage whom has access to view the Alerts Page via the administration of user type rights. We recommend that you consider the business process change around who will be responsible for monitoring and resolving any data issues so that you are always keeping on top of any data integrity needs, i.e. the regular updating and accuracy of location information.
The enablement of this functionality requires support from the team at Oneserve. If you have access to a test (UAT) site, these new features can be provided there first, so you can fully review prior to sucg being enabled on your Live application. If you would like to enable this feature please follow these steps;
1. Email Notifications@oneserve.co.uk if you would like to switch to street-level routing.
2. Our technical team will confirm receipt of your request and outline the time frames and make you aware of any specific considerations before enabling the feature.
Please note: These are no implications to disabling this functionality once enabled, recognising such would restrict your ability to enhance the accuracy of your schedules and appointment efficiencies.