To view the scheduler, select the "Scheduling" option from the Jobs menu. The scheduler provides the option to reschedule appointments using a drag and drop option. The page has several user type rights to lock down some of the features but it is not a view only page. If you are looking for a client login view where they can view the appointments but not make any changes you can use the Scheduler Calendar page.
User Type Rights: View Scheduling Appointments
- If you need to make changes to an appointment time you can drag the appointment and drop it on to the new time or move it to the holding area before allocating it to another time.
- Supplier - Click on the relevant supplier/team to display that teams schedule, you can only display one team at a time. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- Resource - if you only want to see one resource you can pick a resource from the drop down list. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- In Zone - You can select which post code coverage you want the scheduler to display resources for, if you are rescheduling an appointment you can change this to provide you with more resource options for the appointment by changing it to any. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- Date - By default today will be displayed, to amend the date use the calendar or arrow keys to change the day to be viewed.
- Commit - to commit (save) the changes you have made click the "Commit" button.
- Reset - to reset the changes you have made click the "Reset" button.
- Reset All Users - to reset all users click the "Reset All Users" button, this comes in handy if an appointment gets stuck in re-scheduling.
- Print - to print the scheduler click the "Print" button.
- Service - if you only want to see a particular service, pick the relevant service from the drop down menu. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- Primary or Secondary - if you are re-scheduling an appointment you might not have someone who has the service as a primary service but you need the appointment to be completed, you can in select "Secondary" this will then display resources who have the service as a secondary service. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- Override Priorities - you are able to override the priority of the appointment by ticking this box, this will allow you to schedule the appointment wherever you wish. You will need to click "Refresh" (13) if you make this change.
- Refresh - if you make any of the changes above you will need to refresh the screen for the changes to be applied.
- Hover your cursor over an appointment to see additional details for the appointment, such as drive time, priority and job description.
- Double click the appointment to see the activities that have been assigned. You can also amend the planned duration here if required, click save once amended. It should be noted though that the max duration shown next to the planned duration is to show how much space there is in the scheduler until the next appointment as you cannot create an appointment that conflicts with another one.
- Type - It also details whether the appointment is a fixed, pooled or pooled with a fixed resource. You are able to change the appointment type by selecting the opposite type of appointment and selecting save – it should be noted that if optimisation has been stopped there is not an option to change a fixed to a pooled as it will not provide any benefit.
- Key - to understand what all the different colours represent on the scheduler, please hover over the word "Key" (highlighted in red below) and the key will display at the bottom of your screen.