Services - To enable a team to be selected when a job is created, you need to add the service (or skill) of the activities assigned to each job.
Rates - Team rates are used to calculate hourly rates against jobs. Team rates will be superseded if you have rates against services.
Rates are assigned to working time, which is linked to your calendars. As default this is set to contracted time, overtime AM and overtime PM. These defaults allow you to charge separate hourly rates for different times of the day. If you wish to create a new rate type go to Rate Type on the Admin page. You will also need to check your calendars to make sure you are using all the possible rate types.
Efficiency rating - You can adjust the efficiency rating for a team if they are quicker/slower at performing certain services. The efficiency rating is then used to adjust appointment durations. It works by using the activity durations held against the appointment and adjusting them based on how efficient the team is at the service.
Assigning Team Services
1. Select the Cog icon to open the Admin menu.
2. Select Team under the Teams section.
3. Select Your Team and go to the Service/Rate tab.
4. Select the Services that are applicable for the team from the drop down list and click on the 'Add Service' button.
5. If the team can cover all services, click on the “Add All Services” button to automatically assign all services to the team.
Assigning Service Rates
- To add an hourly rate to the service, click the A button next to the rate type. Alternatively, you can amend all rate types at once by clicking on the pencil icon at the end of the service line.
- Enter the rate, then click the green tick to save.
Adding an efficiency rating to team services
Efficiency ratings can be stored against each team service.
The team efficiencies will only be used if the efficiency for the service held against the resource is set to “None”, otherwise the resource efficiency is used. A negative efficiency figure will increase the appointment duration and a positive efficiency will decrease the duration.
NOTE: If an efficiency rate is applied to a resource and a team for a service then the two rates will be added.
Add an efficiency rating
- Click on the pencil icon next to the service.
- Enter the % figure in the efficiency box.
- Click on the green tick icon to save.
- Alternatively, you can click the A on the main screen.
- To apply the same efficiency rating against all services enter the rating in the efficiency box at the bottom of the screen and select the Update All button.
View history of changes to services
- To view any changes to team services, click on the [view history] option on the services/rate tab. This shows what action was taken (e.g. add, update, delete), against which service and field, who completed the task and when they completed the task.