In order for a Resource to be selected when you create appointments on jobs the Resource must have a relevant service (skill) assigned to their account.
This differs from Team Services because a Resource Service can be added to services as Primary or Secondary services. Primary services are those that the Resource is highly skilled in, Secondary services cover work the Resource is capable of completing but that they wouldn't normally complete.
You can assign individual rates against services to identify the hourly rate for the Resource. If you only have one rate and have already assigned it to the team, you do not need to repeat it on the Resource. If the cost is different to the team then you will need to continue with this step. If you do not do so your jobs will not calculate your labour time. Service Rates for Jobs will use the Resource cost by default but if it's null it when then look at Team service rates.
Teams - Edit [EDIT_TEAMS] - Controls the option to modify an existing team and the ability to create a new team.
Teams - View Resources [VIEW_TEAM_RESOURCES] - Access to the resource tab on the team.
Teams - Edit Resources [EDIT_TEAM_RESOURCES] - Ability to edit and create new resource accounts.
Resources - View Services [VIEW_RESOURCE_SERVICES] - View the services assigned to a resource but unable to see the rates allocated against each service. To see the rates the user would need the right below for edit services.
Resources - Edit Services [EDIT_RESOURCE_SERVICES] - This right will display the rates against the services and the option to make alterations. The user will need the View services right above to see this tab against resource.
Resources - Delete All Services [DELETE_ALL_RESOURCE_SERVICES] - Controls if the delete all services button is available on the resource skill page.
Adding Resources Services
- Select the Cog icon to open the Admin menu.
- Select Teams under the Teams section.
- Click on the Team your Resource has been assigned to.
- Select the Resource tab and click on the Resource you would like to edit.
- Select the Service/Rates tab.
- Select the services that are applicable from the drop down list and click on the “Add Service” button. Ensuring that the relevant radio button is selected (to the left of the drop down) for Primary or Secondary service.
Primary Service will be the Services your Resource will be available for regularly.
Secondary service can be selected for Services the Resource will only need to cover in case of an emergency or infrequent use. When you create or reschedule appointments the user will have the option to include secondary services. By default it will only use primary services.
- If the Resource can cover all Services, click on the “Add All Services” button to automatically assign all Services to the Resource.
Assiging Resources Rates
- Rates should only be applied to Resource Services if the Resource has a different rate to that of the team, otherwise leave the rate fields blank (as long as the rates have been populated against the services on the team).
- To add an hourly rate to the service either select the A button next to the Rate Type, or click on the pencil icon at the end of the service line to amend all Rate Types at once.
- Click the A button to add the rate, then click the green tick to save.
View history of changes to services
- To view any changes to Resource Services click on the [view history] option on the Services/Rate tab.
- This shows what action was taken (e.g. add, update, delete), against which service and field and who and when they completed the task.
To add efficiency rating to resource services
Efficiency ratings can be stored against each Resource service. The efficiency rating is then used to adjust appointment durations. It does this by using the activity durations held against the appointment and adjusting them based on how efficient the resource is at the service.
This allows users to adjust the efficiency rating for a resource if they are quicker/ slower at performing certain services. A negative efficiency figure will increase the appointment duration and a positive efficiency will decrease the duration.
The team efficiencies will be used if the efficiency for the service held against the resource is set to “None”, otherwise the resource efficiency is used.
NOTE: If an efficiency rate is applied to a resource and a team for a service, then the two rates will be added.
- To enter an efficiency rating click on the pencil icon next to the service.
- Enter the % figure in the efficiency box.
- Click on the green tick icon to save.
- Alternatively you can click the A on the main screen.
- To apply the same efficiency rating against all Services, enter the rating in the efficiency box at the bottom of the screen and select the Update All button.