Codes is an optional field on the Create Job Page within the Job Details screen. Codes can be used to group jobs for reporting and tracking. For example, you could create project codes to track the spending on each area of the business, you could have a code to monitor how the customer heard about your business (e.g. phone, website, newspaper), or you could have company department code for the team responsible for the job.
Codes are allocated against Clients and Work Log Types to restrict what codes can be used on each job.
Codes [ECODE], provides access to the Codes page under the admin menu.
QJC - Make Coding Mandatory [QJC_CODING_MANDATORY], on the QJC one of the last fields is to select the coding for the job, you can make this field mandatory for your users by assigning this user type right.
Create a new Code
1. Select the Cog icon to open the Admin menu.
2. Select Code link under the Job section.
3. If you have already created a code it will be displayed in the list view.
4. Use the + icon at the top of the screen to create a new Code.
Code - Enter the required code.
Description - Enter a description for the code.
Select the type - For more information on the different code types, please see the following sections Call Codes or Job Coding.
Clients - Select the Clients you wish to associate the code to. This will be used in the Job Coding feature to restrict the codes that may be selected based on the Client the Job is for.
Work Log Type - Select the Work Log Types you wish to associate the code to - this will be used in the Job Coding feature to restrict the codes that may be selected based on the Work Log Type.
Active - Check the box to make the code active or un-tick to make the code inactive.
Create Another - If you need to create more than one code, tick this box. When you click Create, the form will refresh so you can create another.
Create - Click the Create button to add the code.
Edit an existing Code
- Click on the Code you wish to edit.
- The details will show on the right-hand side - as per the screenshot above.
- Edit the details as desired and click Update.
Remove a code
- Click on the Code you wish to make inactive.
- Un-tick the active field.
- Click on the Update button to save the changes.
- You can view inactive codes by using the 'Show Inactive' button.