The login page has a limit of 3 failed login attempts before the user account locks. At this stage a system administrator will need to open the users page on the desktop application to unlock the account before the user can attempt to login. To help in this situation we have a forgot my password functionality that should be used after 2 failed login.
On the login page you will see a 'Need Help?' link. This will allow you to enter you username or email address to start the steps to reset the password.
For this to Work the user account will require a valid email address.
- To add a email address to an account open the admin menu using the cog and select the users page.
- Select the user account row
- Enter a email address and click update, this will save the changes.
Resetting your Password
- On the login page, click on the 'Need Help?' link to access <b>Forgot my Password</b>
- Enter the username or email address
- The following message will be displayed, however, if the user account doesn't have an email address or the email address has been linked to multiple user accounts, it will not work.
You will receive a email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the link on how to reset your password. Please check your trash or junk email folders.
Enter a new password for your account. You will not be able to use the previous password.
Click on Reset Password button and you will be directed back to the login screen.
- Use your new password to login.
Changing Your Password
If you would like to change your password once you have logged into the system, click on your name under your profile icon.
Click on the Change Password link and enter your password details