Resource Accounts are required to assign appointments on the Scheduler. If the Resource requires a login to Oneserve you will need to create a User Account - please see the creating a new user guide for more information.
When you create a job it will look at the postcode coverage and available services, but when you create appointments for a job it will use Resource settings. This is why you need to populate the postcode coverage for the resource and assign the services again.
User Type Rights: Teams [SSM] and View Supplier and Resource Service History [VSRHT]
Creating a new resource
- Select the Cog icon to open the Admin menu
- Select Resources under the Team section
- Use the
+icon at the top of the screen to create a resource
This will open a form to enter the resource details. Complete the details as follows:
- Team - The team under which the resource works
- Name - The resource's full name
- Type - Select "Direct Labour" for normal workers or "Sub Contractor" for those using Team Activity Costs
- Address - Add the resource's home address or daily starting address including post code. This is used as the starting point to calculate drive time for the first appointment of the day. If it is left incomplete, the scheduler will select a default drive time value
- Ref - This needs to be entered if you are interfacing with a payroll/financial system or if this is being used as a validation code for payments
- Mobile & Phone - Contact numbers for the resource
- Calendar - Select a calendar which contains the times and days that match the working time of the Resource. (Read more here: Supplier Calendars)
- Start Date - Complete either the Start Date or Agency Start Date. If the Resource is agency staff use the Agency Start Date, if they are a permanent member of staff, use the Start Date.
- End Date - The last day the Resource will be contracted for.
- Costing Method - Select the relevant method from the drop down. For more information see the Costing Methods section.
- Colour - The colour field on the Resource detail page will be used by the Calendar View page. This page will show all appointments and working/non working time assigned to the resource. All resources will have a different default colour on the calendar view page but this option will pre-set a particular colour against individual resources.
- Post Code Coverage - Select the tick boxes for 'Cover all Post Codes' which will allow the Resource to be available for all jobs in any area. You can reduce the Resource's working area by entering the first part of the post codes for each area. For more information see the Post Code Coverage section.
The location for the resource is used as the start point for the optimiser's drive time calculation. This can be the home address of the resource, or the starting point they will be traveling from each day. If this is left blank, a default value will be used.
- Address - The full address of the resource
- Postcode - The postcode of the resource address. Must be a valid UK postcode
- Latitude/Longitude - Optionally provide the latitude and longitude of the address
- Lat/Long Source - Pick "From Address" to generate these from the postcode provided, or "Supplied" if you have manually entered Latitude/Longitude. Click "Fetch now" to update the map
- Calendar - The calendar used to assign working time to the resource
- View Single Appointment on Mobile - Select this to limit a resource's view of jobs on the mobile app to only the next appointment sequentially. This setting helps to limit the order in which work can be done, but this also removes an operative's freedom to pick up work in any other order. The mobile user will only see their earliest pending, in progress, or paused appointment for the current day.
- Resource Location - Enables location tracking for the resource
- Costing Method - Choose "Labour" to use services and rates, "Activity" to use Activity Costs, or "Use Both" to use the two above methods together
- Colour - Choose the colour used to visually display the resource in the scheduler and route view pages. If this is not specified, a default value will be assigned
For each Working Area Type, you can choose from the following options:
- Cover All Postcodes - Allows the resource to perform work without any geographical restriction. If this is selected, it will override any other options inserted
- Postcode Coverage - Specifies the postcodes in which the operative can perform work. This should be formatted as a comma-separated list of the first part of the postcode e.g. "EX2, EX3, EX4"
- Working Areas - Specifies the working areas in which a resource can perform work
Once you have filled out the relevant information, click the
Create button to save your new resource. Alternatively, click
Cancel to discard your changes.
- Click on the Resource you wish to edit
- Click modify
- Edit the details you require and click
Updateto commit your changes