Bulk Job Update
The bulk job update facility allows multiple jobs to be moved to the next status, have surveys or documents printed or to add invoice references.
Accessing Bulk Job Update
There are two options for accessing bulk job update:
The bulk job update can be accessed from the Jobs menu where you can enter search parameters before you can select the jobs to update.
Create a search view using filters to select the required jobs. To change the job status, make sure one of the filters is workflow. Use the Bulk Edit button (below, in red) to go to the Bulk Job Update screen and then follow from step 3, below.
Please note that there is a limit on the number of rows you can have in search views to be able to click the Bulk Edit button. The limit is 2000 rows. If there are more jobs than this in the search the button will be disabled.
To use the Bulk Job Update screen, the user needs to have the User Type Right: Bulk Job Update [BULJU].
Updating multiple jobs
From the Jobs menu, select Bulk Job Update.
Enter the search parameters for the jobs you wish to be updated. Remember to check the correct boxes at the top of the screen.
From the search results, choose the jobs to update by selecting the checkboxes in the first column or selecting all using the checkbox in the table header.
Select an option:
Bulk Job Update - update status, invoice reference, start dates, end dates.
Print Survey Documents - bulk print surveys.
Create Job Sheet Batch - bulk produce job documents such as job sheets or invoices.
Your Bulk Job Update will then process.
Bulk Job Update - Change Details
Bulk Job Update
- To update the invoice number, enter the number in the field. (An invoice must have been created before you use it within bulk job update.)
- The Execute Workflow Step Transition will only show the available statuses that has been set up for that stage in the workflow. If you are unable to select any transitions the selected jobs might have different workflows and therefore Oneserve cannot calculate the available steps.
- You can enter a actual start and actual end, select if outstanding pending appointments should be closed, mark activities as 100% complete and approve surveys. Not all fields need to have a value added – only enter the details that you wish to update.
- Click Next.
- The last page displays a summary of the updates that will be performed. Click Next.
- When the Bulk Job Update process has been completed it will redirect you back to the Search page.
- You will see whether the action was successful by looking at the progress bar at the bottom of the Bulk Job Updates page. You should also check whether other updates are being set up or are in progress before proceeding to ensure that no overlapping work takes place.
Print Survey Documents
Choosing this option will print all surveys attached to the jobs where the survey has a document attached to it.
- Select Print Survey Documents option.
- Clicking the Next button opens a new window and displays the Open / Save / Cancel dialogue. Oneserve will return to the first page of the bulk job update.
- When the document is opened, the survey documents should display. The document will contain a blank page with an appropriate message showing the job number for each job that didn’t have an Approved survey or if there was no survey attached.
Create Job Sheet Batch
This option allows job sheets (or any other document configured against the work type) to be printed in bulk.
- Select the Create Job Sheet Batch option.
- Click the Next button opens a new window and displays the Open / Save / Cancel dialogue. Oneserve will return to the first page of the bulk job update screen.
- When the document is opened, the job sheet documents should display. The document will contain a blank page with an appropriate message showing the job number for each job that didn’t have the selected document attached to the work type.
All events created using the Batch Job Update screen are viewed by opening a job and viewing the Job History tab. The events will be marked "through BJU".