Part of the Oneserve Autumn release will be a update on the Analytics module. You will notice a number of design and functionality changes for the self service reporting screens, the changes have been explained below.
Extended Self-Service Functionality
Updated user interface with increased granular control to enable better data analysis with greater ease and speed.
Enhanced Data visualisations & increased interactivity
Enhanced interactive dashboards, custom reports and data visualisations for delivering relevant information that provide answers to the questions that matter most.
New engine processes data queries with greater speed and loads in parallel so dashboards and reports return more than 2x faster.
- Improved User Interface - User experience has been improved through providing enhancing interactivity and ease of use of front end interface
- Improved Data Selection – batch selection of data now speeds up data acquisition immensely. An “all” button at each table level gives users improved flexibility when selecting data. This includes clickable text on data fields.
- Faster system – New parallelised approach utilising multiple threads and an active SQL buffer size, eases load on the browser helping to enhance speed of data retrieval.
- Enhanced Table Configuration – Inline menu for actions gives users more power over tables. Additional data formats have been included, such as new data display options (gauges etc.)
- Enhanced Chart Authoring – Multiple series per chart and new chart types can be displayed providing greater context and a deeper level of analysis. Enhanced control features include Chart orientation, Chart data relevance and Label control.
- Formulas – More return types added including percentage, bar, gauges and cell colours.
- Crosstabs – Summary function summarising the aggregated data for greater flexibility and faster insight.
Fixes included in the latest version are
- Invalid Formula Report Corruption – better handling of invalid formulae
- PDF Export CSS Styling – major improvements in PDF export styling retention
- Table Formatting from Visual Gallery – insert table styling retention when adding to Dashboards and Reports
- Report Filesystem – The Bookmark Collection attribute (Bookmark Organizer element) when defined will now be regarded as the primary Bookmark Collection location
- Report Filesystem - Removal of individual Bookmarks from the Home page that has multiple pages, no longer returns the user to the first page after each Bookmark has been removed
- Chart Resizing – on resize the chart canvas no longer throws an exception