Optimiser | Introduction
This is an introduction to Oneserve's optimiser.
The optimiser is a powerful tool which is capable of creating more efficient schedules for your operatives every day.
Our optimiser engine uses advanced scheduling algorithms to efficiently find the optimal solutions for your day's appointments; delivering you highly efficient schedules, minimising drive time, reducing costs and maximising your ROI.
The optimiser will look at all of your team's schedules on a nightly basis to find the most optimal solution for the day's appointments whilst maintaining the appointment commitments made to your clients. The optimisers primary objective is to minimise overall drive time.
- Highly efficient schedules
- Reduced drive time
- Fuel and vehicle cost savings due to minimised drive times
- Enhanced ROI
- Improved productivity
- Optimal routes means the workforce can undertake more jobs per day
- Happier workforce as they will spend less time driving between appointments
What the Optimiser does
The optimiser operates within the parameters you define.
The optimiser works within the following set parameters when calculating the time & resource for each appointment:
- The Day Division selected for the appointment
- The Team selected for the appointment
- The Service selected for the activities on the job versus the relevant Skills of available operatives
- The Working Area of the available operatives versus the Location of the appointment.
- The Working Time of the available operatives
- The Home Address of each of the available operatives.
Using these criteria, the optimiser chooses the schedule to achieve the lowest possible drivetime between appointments per day, including the drive home at the end of the day (if required).
For more information, please read our Optimiser - Configuration page.
You can be as restrictive as required with your scheduling parameters, however applying highly restrictive parameters will reduce the available optimisation options and increase the likelihood of the optimiser not being able to find an optimal solution.
When the optimiser runs, one of the following items will happen:
- PASS - Optimisation can take place and a valid, more efficient schedule is found.
- PASS - Optimisation can take place and a valid, more efficient schedule is not found.
- FAIL - Optimisation can take place and a valid schedule is not found.
- FAIL - Optimisation cannot take place due to invalid data.
Unable to Optimise
There are certain situations where the optimiser will be unable to calculate a more efficient schedule for the day and will therefore not complete. These occur when there is a situation which breaks the following rules:
- Appointments must be scheduled to start within the time window they’ve been appointed to (i.e. day division)
- Appointments must be scheduled to finish within resource working hours
- Appointments must be worked on by a suitable resource (defined as one with the right skills and coverage)
When the optimiser is unable to complete, it will display one of the following messages, depending on the reason for failure.
For more information, please read our Optimiser - Messaging and Alerts and Optimiser - Troubleshooting pages.