Sometimes it is necessary to make an existing working area inactive. This is usually because area is no longer needed in the system, but can still be useful for historical purposes. This guide will show you how to deactivate a working area in Oneserve.
Unlink the Working Area From Teams/Resources
You will be prevented from making a working area inactive if it is currently being used by a team or resource. In order to deactivate it, you will first need to unlink it from any teams or resources it is currently associated with.
- Click on the cog icon in the top right of Oneserve to open up the admin menu
- Navigate to either the "Team" or "Resource" page, depending on which the working area has been set against
- Using the "Working Area" search filter, search for the working area you wish to make inactive to return any resources/teams currently associated with it
- Edit the team/resource to remove the working areas
- Repeat these steps for any teams or resources which are using the working area
Once a working area has been set as inactive, you can use the "Show Inactive" button in the search to review the record, make amendments, and reactivate the working area if needs be
Deactivate the Working Area
- Click on the cog icon in the top right-hand side of your Oneserve application to open the admin menu
- Select "Working Areas" from the "Teams" section
- Click on the working are you wish to make inactive. An edit screen will appear on the right-hand side
- Use the switch marked "Active" to toggle the site between "Active" and "Inactive
- Click "Update" to save your changes