In order to use certain features of the new mobile application, users will need to be given specific 'user type rights' within Oneserve. This allows for admins to control the features and experience for mobile teams.
The stock module within Oneserve is optional. If you are managing Parts and Stock in Oneserve, you will have the option to use Van Stock on the mobile application. This will allow users to keep track of parts in their van, understand current stock levels and record parts as being used on a Job.
To view parts and stock on the mobile, you will need to assign the following user type right:
- Manage Parts on Mobile [PARMO]
This right will result in the"Van Stock" option to appear in the bottom menu of the application. The "Parts" tab within the appointment page will be accessible and the '+' menu will include the option to add a part to the job.
For the van stock to contain data, the resource will need to be linked to a 'Store' in Oneserve. This will need to be actioned within the desktop application.
- Under the "Stock" dropdown menu select "Stores"
- Click on the row for the store you would like the assign to a resource
- The store details will appear on the right-hand side. In the "Resource" field, find the resource that needs to be assigned. A resource can only be linked to one store, so if that resource already has a store linked, their name will not appear in the dropdown menu
- Save the changes you have made to the store
- When the user logs in to the mobile application they will be able to review the parts within their store by selecting the "Van Stock" menu item
'No Part Store' Message
If a mobile user has the 'PARMO' user type right assigned to their user type but their resource account is not linked to a store then they will be presented with the following message every time they log in.
To resolve this issue you can either:
- Remove the 'PARMO' user type right from that user - please note this will also remove access to Van Stock for all mobile user with the same user type
- Link the Resource to a Store by navigating to the Stock > Stores page in the desktop application and either creating a new store for that resource or by linking them to an existing Store
If you would like users of the mobile application to be required to perform at least one stock-related action on every job, you can make parts mandatory by assigning the following user type right:
- Mandatory Parts on Mobile [MPM]
To do this:
- Open the admin menu from the desktop application
- Select the "User Type Right" page under the "Users and Permissions" section
- Select the user type to which your resource belongs in the first dropdown menu
- In the second dropdown menu for user type rights, find the right called "Mandatory Parts on Mobile [MPM] and click on it
- Changes will be saved automatically
- If the user type right has been assigned to the logged-in user they will have the option to add a part using the '+' icon
- They will also have the option to select "No Parts Required" under the "Parts" section.
- Parts will be required before the appointment can be completed (using the tick icon), or marked as "Additional Appointment Required".
- If a user selects the "No Parts Required" option for the appointment it will assign a job event in the history tab. The code for this event is NOPAR.