The Localz Dashboard is a dashboard used for managing and monitoring all operatives. It is used to view the status of all of today's appointments and you're able to search for previous appointments.
There are two types of users:
- Driver - the driver is the name used by Localz to refer to the operative assigned to an appointment.
- Attendant - the attendant uses the Localz dashboard to monitor and manage all of today's appointments. They're also able to search for previous appointments.
All users are assigned to groups depending on the access required to the mobile app and the Localz Dashboard.
Creating new operatives
Operatives are set up as mobile user in Oneserve with a corresponding mobile resource profile. In Localz, all operatives require a ‘Driver’ account for the Localz location tracking and notifications to work correctly. To create an operative:
Create a mobile user in Oneserve
Assign a mobile resource to the mobile user. Ensure:
- your Oneserve ‘resource’ is configured against only one user in the Oneserve app
- the 'resource' has a mobile number assigned, beginning 07
- the mobile number is a UK number
- the mobile device is an Android device
If the same resource is configured against multiple users, Oneserve may send the appointment to Localz with an incorrect username.
Download the Oneserve mobile app available from the Google Play Store
Open the Localz Dashboard
Select the Users menu and click the ‘+ Create User’ button in the top right of the Localz Users page
Enter the username, first name, last name, and a suitable password
The Driver username needs to be the same as the Oneserve mobile username and the case needs to match. Lowercase is recommended.
Select user type ‘Driver’ from the dropdown
Select a location
Click ‘Create’ on the top right.
Share the username and password with the operative and the operative can login to the Localz background app.
Editing users: user details can be amended, but a user type cannot be changed. Therefore you can not move a driver to an attendant and vice versa. Another user would need to be setup if the user's function changes.
Creating new attendants
Attendants are created to view the location of operatives and the status of appointments in the Localz Dashboard. Attendants who are part of the Admin Group can also manage operative users and amend other attendant details. To create an attendant:
- Open the Localz Dashboard
- Select the Users menu and click the ‘+ Create User’ button in the top right of the Localz Users page.
- Enter the username, first name, last name, and a suitable password.
- Select User Type ‘Attendant’ from the dropdown.
- Select a suitable group, for example, ‘Admin group’ if the user will administer other users, or just ‘Operator group’ if not.
- Select a suitable access level, this is typically ‘Web Dashboard - Head Office’.
- Select a location.
- Click ‘Create’ on the top right.
- Share the username and password with the admin user or attendant.
Creating and managing groups
Within Localz you can choose to have different groups, for example an 'Operative Group' and an 'Admin Group'. The groups can be assigned roles, for example, Admin, Operator and Mobile. The group settings will depend on the Oneserve implementation and only Admin and Operator roles are relevant.
A user, who is part of the Admin group, can edit the groups and can view the Localz Dashboards.
With Oneserve, when creating users there is a choice of one location. When creating and maintaining groups, there is only one site and this option needs to be selected.
Oneserve-Localz Solution | Creating users in Localz | Localz Background App | Localz Dashboard | Appointments and Localz | Customers and Localz | FAQs | Troubleshooting